Notifications

Impressive Fights  

RSS

Cassandra
(@cassandra)
New Frog Customer
17/08/2019 5:17 am  

In tonight's (5th level PF1) game, the wizard's dog (a blond mastiff) sniffed out a gnoll ambush. He dashed around the rocks and attacked before anyone else could react, however the barking and shouting indicated something was going on! The monk, who dresses in a classic martial arts style that includes a shirtless, muscular chest, dashed after the dog and shouted to intimidate the gnolls, who were shaken enough that they botched all their rolls for two rounds.

The armored paladin caught up and took on the gnolls, so the monk took out the hyenas. One blow, max damage, one kill. Another hyena and a hyenadon (dire hyena) moved in on him but both missed, then the hyenadon took a wound from a lightning bolt. The monk did a flurry of blows. One blow, max damage, dead hyena. Next blow hit the wounded hyenadon; max damage, another kill. Those fists need to be registered as lethal weapons!

Any fun combats going on in anyone else's games?

fyrissian
(@fyrissian)
New Frog Customer
23/08/2019 12:35 am  

Thanks for the report, sounds like an enjoyable session! I've been playing Call of Cthulhu lately, and we try VERY hard to avoid combat in that system.

Once the Lost Lands setting is delivered, I'm going to have a go at running some HackMaster in the Lost Lands.

Sate thyself on this my blood,
and sting me not in battle.

ReplyQuote
AEIOUsometimesY
(@aeiou)
T.v.rn M.ncsh Admin
24/08/2019 7:00 pm  

The monk's RNG was very strong!  

ReplyQuote
Cassandra
(@cassandra)
New Frog Customer
14/01/2020 9:34 pm  

In last week's game, essentially the same group (now level 6) was travelling on a riverboat in the rain when trolls started to climb up out of the water and onto the boat. The door of the single large cabin was crowded by everyone trying to run outside, so the monk deftly climbed out a window. He ended up directly next to a troll as it climbed on board. They traded a couple initial swipes with no effect, then in the next round the monk got to do his flurry of blows. The first of three was a crit, and the other two hit as well. Open-handed, the monk took down the troll in a single round and left it bleeding on the deck while he moved on to keep the horses from being drug overboard.

Sadly, the monk's accomplishment was decreased slightly because the flood troll was lying in the rain, which allows it to regenerate (technically fast-heal) at 5 points per round. The fight ended with the group being focused on the opposite side of the boat, so the badly injured flood troll was able to recover just enough to slip over the railing and back into the river. Lesson for next time - always coup de grace!

Not like the bloodrager barbarian, though - he took a troll down on the other side of the boat and wanted to make sure it was really dead so he gave it a coup de grace - with multiple blows from his two-handed war hammer. There was no "grace" involved in THAT "coup"!

ReplyQuote
Share: